Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Pattern: Volcano Bag

Here's an idea... for a while now I've been thinking about the cool bag the looneys had a picture of in one of their wimping out with pyramids posts... and recently the idea hit me... what if you had a volcano board in the bag?

So umm... Yeah, I'm going to go and test this crazy idea soon (alas I cannot find the cool checkerboard fabric anymore so I'll have to stamp my own pattern with fabric paint... should turn out ok. (click on the image for a better view of the plans)

-Evan

Update:

Created PDF of CAD generated Pattern. Should be better for attempting than the Tom&Jerry sketch.

2 comments:

Black said...

idea:
Since you have 2 layers...
Make it reversable!
On the top of the in-sides have a chessboard, on the bottom have a 3 player martion board.

Black

TheLoneGoldfish said...

But then I couldn't put the "cool volcano pattern" on the other side...

I want the bag to look like an erupting volcano. (and the two layers are to hide the seams from the pattern and the chessboard).


But why make a martian chessboard on the back of this? why not make your own 3/5 player chess mat like they were planning on releasing with the next martian chess set?

Sounds like another project entirely.

---
Now perhaps a mega-volcano board. That's an idea!